Friday, September 9, 2011

Malteser Cookies

Ok, for my first post it will be one of the things I love, baking! I'm posting a recipe for a cookie which I got from the net but forgot from which site because it's been a long time ago. I think I did this recipe twice or so, not a hit though I bet you this is a good recipe. It's very simple and easy.




Malteser Cookies

Ingredients:

2¼ cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk
¾ cup or 1½ sticks butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ roughly chopped Maltesers Balls
 
Procedure:
 
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in milk and vanilla, then gradually blend in the flour mixture. Do not overmix, stir only until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in the Maltesers Balls.
4. Drop into 1-inch balls, about 1 tbsp sized balls, on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


Makes about 3-dozen cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment